High Quality, Wear-Resistant Guide Rings for Piston and Rod Seals
Guide rings, also known as wear rings and bearings, are used to guide the piston and rod in a hydraulic cylinder. These rings absorb radial forces that act perpendicularly to the cylinder. Also, these bearings prevent contact between sliding metal parts, thereby optimizing seal performance.
How SSP Seals can Help You ?
SSP Seals can help you by delivering the following types of guide rings:
- WAT Guide Rings: These rings are designed to guide rod and piston applications by operating on their inner or outer surfaces. Generally, WAT guide rings are made of glass fiber reinforced polymer material. However, on request, we can provide these rings with PTFE fillers as well.
- PGR Piston Guide Rings: These guide rings are designed to guide pistons by operating on their outer surface. These rings are available in phenolic resin laminated with cotton fabric used as a standard material. We can provide custom guide rings in several other materials too.
- RGR Rod Guide Rings: These guide rings are designed to guide rods by operating on their inner surface. We provide these guide rings in a phenolic resin laminated with cotton fabric used as a standard material. We can provide these rod guide rings in other materials too.
SSP’s Guide Ring Benefits
Since all our guide rings are made of polymer materials, and they provide many benefits when compared to standard metallic guides. Below are some SSP Seals’ polymer guide ring benefits:
- Improved load bearing capacity
- High wear-resistance, long shelf life
- Excellent vibration absorption
- Low stress on counter surface
- Excellent friction properties
- Provides alignment and guidance
- Improves seal performance
- High wiping effect
Industries and Applications
SSP’s guide rings are currently used in the following applications and industries.
- Steel works
- Medical pumps/compressors
- Aerospace pumps/compressors
- Vacuum services
- Abrasive substance pumps and valves
- Cryogenic liquid control components
- Domestic goods production
- Industrial booster pumps
- Drilling equipment
- Tire production
- Hydraulic and pneumatic cylinders
- Paint and solvent manufacturing application
SSP Seals provide standard and customized guide rings as well as industrial grade sealing solutions.