A Guide to Choose between Sanitary Screen Gaskets and Orifice Gaskets
Sanitary gaskets are a great solution to many applications demanding long-term sealability, excellent wear performance, and most importantly where sanitation and a higher level of chemical compatibility is required. These gaskets, which gives optimum performance in demanding rotary situations, are available in a wide variety of configurations. Manufactured using a range of materials including (PTFE), Viton®, Tuf-Steel®, EPDM, Silicone, and Buna-N, these gaskets set a new standard for purity by minimizing the risk of contamination and bacterial ingress. So, which type of sanitary gaskets best suits your sealing applications? Since there are several types of gaskets available, choosing the right one sometimes becomes a daunting tasks. Hence, this post is intended to familiarize you with two widely used forms of sanitary gaskets: screen gaskets and orifice gaskets.
Screen Gaskets Vs Orifice Gaskets
Both screen gaskets and orifice gaskets are outstanding when it comes to their sealing performance for a long period of time. However, choosing the right between the two makes a difference when used in applications. The following piece of information would definitely help you make a better purchase, which leads you getting expected results. Let’s talk about screen gaskets first.
- Sanitary Screen Gaskets: Readily available in a broad range of designs, screen gaskets ensure that your process is safe from particulates by providing effective filtration. Less affected by caustics, chlorine and acid cleaners, these gaskets are generally opted for pipeline systems in the food, dairy, beverage, pharmaceutical and biotech industries, among others. These gaskets are manufactured in strict compliance to several standards including U.S. Pharmacopeia Class VI Certification*, Cytotoxicity Criteria*, Title 21CFR177.2600 and 177.1550, Current Good Manufacturing Practices (CGMP), ASME-BPE Standards, ISO9001:2000 and QS-9000:1998, among others.
- Sanitary Orifice Plate Gaskets: Manufactured in a concentric or eccentric self-draining configuration, these gasket types can advance your system’s performance. They are largely opted for pipeline systems owing to their several beneficial features including resistance to high temperature, excellent mechanical properties and ability to withstand corrosive fluids. Sanitary orifice plate gaskets, with their compliance to all major approvals, are guaranteed to provide safe, durable and consistent sealing performance. They are largely chosen for pharmaceutical, biotechnology and food and beverage production processes.
As mentioned earlier both these types of gaskets are available in a range of elastomers, each possesses unique performance characteristics. Hence, a glance on the elastomers characteristics such as temperature range, fat and oils resistance, acid/alkali resistance, and compression set resistance, among others is advisable to select the right type to withstand the rigors of the application.
Who would help you source the right type of sanitary gaskets by providing all the technical details? Partnering with any leading gasket seal manufacturer is only the solution. By partnering with a prominent manufacturer, you would not only get the quality products on time but also receive a comprehensive technical understanding of the products. SSP Seals is one such names who is widely trusted by many across industries to source both screen gaskets and orifice gaskets as per the required specifications/configurations.
- What are the Most Commonly Used Materials in Sanitary Gaskets?
- Why Do People Think Metal Detectable Gaskets are a Good Idea?
- 6 Things to Consider While Buying a Gasket
- What is FDA CFR 21 177.2600 and Why is it Important for Your Food Processing Business ?
- Choosing Polyurethane or Silicone Foam Rubbers for Gasket Construction
- 5 Material Choices for Manufacturing High Temperature Gaskets
- How to Avoid Bacterial Growth in F&B Industries ?