O-ring failure is very common in many fluid power applications. Swelling and chemical attack are two of the most common causes of their failure. Encapsulated O-rings are a special type of O-rings, which are designed for overcoming these causes. These sealing solutions provide reliable performance in many critical process applications. SSP Seals provides encapsulated O-rings, which have properties of recovery, as well as elasticity, which are important in many crucial applications.
Beneficial Features of Encapsulated O-rings provided by SSP Seals
Following are some feature highlights of the encapsulated O-rings provided by us:
- These O-rings can easily match the temperature and chemical resistance of PTFE (Polytetrafluoroethylene) rings.
- Our encapsulated O-rings allow easy cleanup of various viscous materials. Also, these rings are chemically inert.
- The O-rings can become an easy replacement for various exotic O-ring components as well as Kalrez.
- These O-ring seals help increase the profitability of equipment that uses corrosive fluids and gases by improving its uptime.
- The encapsulated O-rings are available in metric, as well as AS568 dash sizes and are phthalate free.
- Available in diverse material configurations, these O-seals work perfectly across a wide range of temperatures.
- PFA Encapsulated Silicone: -80ºF to 500ºF
- FEP/PFA Encapsulated FKM: -10ºF to 300ºF
- FEP Encapsulated Silicone: -80ºF to 400ºF
- FEP Encapsulated EPDM: -65ºF to 300ºF
Benefits of Encapsulated O-rings
Following benefits of these special O-rings make them ideal for various industrial applications:
- Low permeation and contamination
- Excellent resistance against all media (except for some fluorine compounds)
- Low coefficient of friction
- FDA compliant, and suited for use in food and beverage handling applications
- High-performance sealing for various critical applications.
To know more about encapsulated O-rings and other O-rings we provide, please contact us at the earliest.