FKM and Aflas FFKM O-Rings
FKM O-rings are known to provide excellent resistance against chemicals and temperatures. These compounds are better suited for prolonged exposure at high operating temperatures. Aflas FFKM O-rings combine the chemical properties of FKM and PTFE. The Transmitter Shop (TTS) provides Aflas FFKM and FKM O-rings, which are ideal for chemical plants and can easily resist highly corrosive fluids. All our FKM O-rings are phthalate free and are x-ray inspectable and metal detectable.
Features of FKM O-Rings
Following features of TTS provided FKM O-rings make them ideal for various process applications:
- The operating temperature range of FKM is 2 °F to 392 °F.
- The O-rings can be availed in white, brown, and black colors.
- The FKM compound provides excellent resistance against ozone and ageing.
- The FKM has excellent abrasion resistance, compression set and flame resistance, tear resistance and tensile strength.
- The FKM compound has a very low gas permeability, which makes these O-rings ideal for a variety of vacuum applications.
- The O-rings are ideal for sealing applications coming in contact with:
- Greases and mineral oil
- Vegetable oils
- Aliphatic hydrocarbons (butane, propane, and natural gas)
- Aromatic hydrocarbons (toluene, benzene)
- Chlorinated hydrocarbons (carbon tetrachloride, trichloroethylene)
- Fuels with high methanol content
- These O-rings are not recommended for applications that come in contact with:
- Ammonia gas
- Glycol based brake fluids
- Amines and alkalies
- Low molecular weight organic acids such as acetic acid, formic acid, etc.
- Superheated steam
Features of Aflas FFKM O-rings
Following features of Aflas FFKM O-rings make them ideal for a variety of industrial applications
- The temperature operating range is -10 °F to 599 °F.
- The FFKM has a slightly different chemical structure than regular FKM compounds, which provides significant advantages. The same properties work for FFKM O-rings too.
- The O-rings are ideal for high temperature applications because it has an excellent heat resistance.
- The O-rings are ideal to seal applications coming in contact with:
- Oils and lubricants
- Hydraulic fluids
- Transmission fluids
- Brake fluids
- Power steering fluids
- Sour gas and oil
- Amine corrosion inhibitors
- Weathering and ozone
- Steam and hot water
- Oxidizing agents
- Pulp and paper liquors
- Herbicides, insecticides, and gamma radiation
- The O-rings are not recommended for applications that come in contact with
- High aromatic fluids
- Non-polar solvents’
- Organic acetates
- Freon’s and acetic acids
To know more about FKM O-rings and other elastomeric O-rings we provide, please contact us at the earliest.