Polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE) O-rings are widely used for chemical applications due to their wide temperature operating range, as well as low moisture absorption properties. These O-rings are hydrophobic, which don’t get wet when they come in contact with water.
Advantages of PTFE O-Rings
Following are some of the benefits of using the O-rings made from PTFE
- The operating temperature range is -300 oF to 500 oF.
- These O-rings are provided in white color.
- The O-rings are phthalate free and X-ray detectable.
- These O-rings gain their physical properties from the PTFE material. They are as summarized below:
- Excellent Abrasion Resistance
- Good Compression Set Resistance
- Good Elongation Resistance
- Excellent Flame Resistance
- Fair Low Temperature Flexibility
- Good Tensile Strength
- Excellent Tear Resistance
- Low Friction
- Excellent Moisture Resistance
- Good Cryogenic Capabilities
- PTFE is a chemically inert material. Its chemical resistance properties can be summarized as below:
- Excellent resistance against brake fluids, hydraulic fluids, ketones, ozone, petroleum oils, silicone fluids, transmission fluids, and water.
- Good resistance against dilute acids, dilute alkalis, steam, and strong acids.
- Due to low friction characteristics, PTFE O-rings meet USDA, FDA, and 3-A dairy requirements. Hence, these O-rings are perfect for several food and beverage processing applications.
You need to keep in mind that PTFE O-rings are not compatible with:
- High vacuum seals
- High temperature steam
- Low compression vacuum sealing flanges
To get more details about the customization process, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call toll free at 888-238-SEAL (7325).