SSP Seals provides silicone O-rings that are used in various industrial applications. These O-rings are becoming fast replacements for PTFE O-rings in several applications. We can provide these O-rings in a material of choice for sanitary water systems, as well as pharmaceutical systems. SSP Seals offers silicone O-rings in white, clear, and red color. Our O-rings are phthalate free, as well as X-ray detectable.
Features of Silicone O-rings
The following information will help you decide if these O-rings are well-suited for your applications or not.
- Silicone made O-rings can provide reliable service at temperatures as low as -70 oF and as high as 390 oF.
- Silicone material offers excellent resistance to compression set.
- Silicone elastomers have weak abrasion and tear resistance, as well as low tensile strength. However, they exhibit excellent weathering, as well as heat resistance.
- Silicone elastomers strongly resist corona, ozone, and heat resistance, as well as excellent dielectric stability.
- Silicone shows excellent flexibility at low temperatures. However, they are generally platinum cured for improving flexibility. Platinum cured silicone O-rings have better flexibility than non-cured ones, and a very low volatility. Platinum cured silicone O-rings are used in medical equipment, food and beverage applications and more because they don’t impart any odor, taste, or color.
- Silicone made O-rings are recommended for applications where they come in contact with:
- Hot air
- Engine and Transmission Oils
- Animal and Vegetable Oils
- Break Fluids
- Fire Resistant Hydraulic Fluids
- Silicone O-rings are not recommended for applications where they come in contact with :
- Superheated water/steam
- Acids and alkalis
- Aromatic mineral oils
- Hydrocarbon based fuels
- Aromatic hydrocarbons
To get more details about the customization process, please contact us by email at email@example.com or call toll free at 888-238-SEAL (7325).