High Performance and Durable Back-Up Rings
Back-up rings are used in static and dynamic sealing applications to prevent extrusion of the O-ring through any gaps at high pressure. When the application pressure increases, O-rings may weaken, loosen, and extrude into the clearance gap, thereby causing seal failure. Backup rings are made of hard materials that prohibit O-rings from flowing into the gap.
How SSP Seals can Help You ?
We can deliver the following types of standard and customized metric and imperial back-up rings:
- Imperial Back-up Rings: We provide a brilliant selection of imperial back up rings for gland and piston applications. Below are the different types of imperial back up rings available in our inventory.
- Nitrile (NBR) Contoured-Face Back-up Rings: These backup rings can be stretched during installation and fitted into the O-ring groove without scarf cutting. Hardness: 90 Durometer
- Hyrtel Back-up Rings: These back up rings are made of durable material and offer excellent extrusion resistance. These rings can be easily stretched for installation.
- Teflon/Urethane PTFE Back-up Rings: These PTFE rings are usually fitted into a 2-part housing or scarf cut. Available in a wide variety of sizes, these back up rings are customized to suit specific requirements.
- Metric Back-up Rings: These back up rings are customizable and available in urethane as well as PTFE material.
- U-Seal Back-up Rings: These sealing components are available in metric and imperial designs. U-seal backups are perfect for rod or piston applications.
Advantages of SSP Seals Back-Up Rings
Following are some advantages of SSP’s back up rings.
- Fits perfectly into the O-ring groove
- Easily stretchable
- Made of durable materials such as urethanes, nitrile, and PTFEs
- Ensures uniform contact with all surfaces under high pressure, thereby eliminating wear spots
- Quick and easy installation
- Reduces friction by trapping lubricants
Industries Using SSP Seals Back – Up Rings
SSP’s back-up rings are used in high-pressure valves, high-pressure hydraulic systems, and hydraulic cylinders in the following industries:
- Food processing
- Steel production
- Power generation
- Injection molding
All our back up rings are available in standard and custom sizes.