Durable and Performance Oriented Hydraulic and Pneumatic Seals
Hydraulic and pneumatic seals are sealing components used for applications with rotary or reciprocating motions. In applications, hydraulic seals separate fluids, while pneumatic seals separate gases.
Both support the conversion of fluid power into linear motion. SSP Seals’ stocks a wide range of hydraulic and pneumatic seals to meet the various needs of industrial applications in terms of design, manufacturing, and application performance.
Types of Hydraulic and Pneumatic Seals
SSP manufactures industry-grade seals that perform exceptionally in demanding environments. Our hydraulic and pneumatic seals inventory includes the following:
- Piston Seals: These seals prevent the leakage of pressurized fluids by creating a sealing between the cylinder and the piston. Piston seals are used in both pneumatic and hydraulic seals. Available as single-acting and double-acting types, these seals can also be used with guide rings and back-up rings.
- Back-up Rings: These seals are designed to solve the problem of seal extrusion. They can also be used to increase system pressure safely.
- Vee Packs: These are seals designed with multiple vee rings. They also comprise male and female adaptors, and are compatible with single and double acting cylinders.
- T-seals: These seals can be designed in both rod and piston styles to prevent extrusion and spiraling. T-seals are also employed as replacements for existing O-rings.
- Wipers: Commonly known as scraper seals, these wipers help the ingress of external contaminants, which can damage the sealing system, as well as the application machinery. We also design many seals with secondary lips to capture remnants that may have escaped the sealing.
- O-rings: A popular product in our inventory, our O-ring products are designed to prevent gas or fluid leakage within a system.
- Rod Seals: These hydraulic seals are used to prevent fluid leakage within cylinder.
- U-cups: These seals are used for low pressure systems. Available in a variety of materials and sizes, these U-cups deliver low friction for ‘out-of-round’ components.
- Guide Rings: As the name suggests, this seal type is designed to guide pistons and piston rods within a cylinder.
Materials Used for Hydraulic & Pneumatic Seals
Our pneumatic and hydraulic seals are available in various materials, many of which are FDA approved.
- DuPont Hytrel®
- HD Polystyrene
- PThermoplastic PU
- Thermoplastic Rubbers
- Thermoset PU
SSP’s hydraulic and pneumatic seals are used in a variety of industrial applications including:
- Amusement Park Machines
- Agricultural Machinery - Farm Equipment
- Die Casters
- Coal Mining Equipment
- Earth Movers and Excavators
- Textile Machines
- Hydraulic Cylinders
For more information, or trade enquiries about hydraulic and pneumatic seals, give us a call on 1-908-852-3125. You can also email us at email@example.com