Orifice Plate Gaskets
Orifice plates, which is a thin metal plate with a hole bored in the center, are the simplest and the most commonly used type of components used for the measurement and control of fluid flow. Available in a wide range of sizes, they are inserted into the pipe carrying the flowing fluid for measuring flow rate, reducing pressure or restricting flow. Assuring good accuracy in many applications, these primary flow elements guarantee easy installation, effective and reliable service over many years. At SSP Manufacturing, we own decades of experience in designing, sizing, and manufacturing orifice equipment to the exact requirements of the customers. Being a leading manufacturer of orifice plates in the USA, we ensure producing these plates to the stringent guidelines and tolerance level.
Types of Orifice Plates Offered at SSP Manufacturing
Widely established as a cost-effective and competitive solution for flow rate measurement, orifice plates are offered at SSP Seals in the following types.
- Square Edged Concentric Orifice Plates: Featuring simple structures, high accuracy, and ease of installation and replacement, these types of orifice plates are largely chosen for general applications with clean liquids and gases.
- Eccentric Orifice Plates: Ideal for flow measurement of contaminated fluids with suspended solids or entrained gas, eccentric orifice plates are suitable for both horizontal and vertical piping. They are widely chosen amongst the customers in the chemicals, steel, paper, nuclear and petrochemicals industries.
- Segmental Orifice Plates: They are chosen when there is entrained water or air or suspension in the fluids. These segmentally bored orifice plates are the most suitable option for sewage treatment, steel, chemical, water conditioning, paper and petrochemical industries.
- Quadrant Edge Orifice Plates: Designed with rounded- or conical-entrance holes, quadrant edge orifice plates are used for the flow measurement of viscous fluids such as heavy crudes, syrups, and slurries with Reynolds.
Specifications of Orifice Plates
At SSP Seals, orifice plates are offered in the following specifications.
- Materials: Stainless steel (standard), Hastelloy C276, Monel 400, Duplex, Super Duplex and other materials are available on request.
- Installation Methods: Flanges (API / ASME), Hubs, Carriers and Welded directly into piping
- Gasket: CAF / SS Spiral Wound + CAF / PTFE / PVC / Rubber, Other materials as per special request.
- Compliance: ISO 9001:2000 and QS-9000:1998, Cytotoxicity Criteria, ASME-BPE Standards, Title 21 CFR 177.2600 and Title 21 CFR 177.1550, Current Good Manufacturing Practices (CGMP) and USDA Sanitary Standards
Beneficial Features of Orifice Plates
The orifice plates are popularly used in a wide range of applications owing to their several beneficial features such as:
- User friendly and simple to install
- Inexpensive than several other flow rate measuring devices
- Capability in offering better accuracy at high flow rates
- Extreme abrasion resistance to accommodate the most severe services
- Proven and rugged design
- Long life without regular maintenance
- Availability in 10 RA electro polished or better finish
Orifice plates are one amongst the flagship products of SSP Seals that are in huge demand across several sectors of the following industries.
Quality Assurance Documentation
At SSP Manufacturing, we understand how quality is of paramount importance across various industries. So, all our sanitary gaskets are provided with a certificate of conformance. We have been continuously improving our processes to stay true to our commitment of delivering only quality products. Our Camlock orifice plate gaskets conform to the following standards:
Gaskets Meet the Most Stringent Standards For Purity:
- U.S. Pharmacopeia Class VI Certification*
- Cytotoxicity Criteria*
- Title 21CFR177.2600 and 177.1550
- Current Good Manufacturing Practices (CGMP)
- ASME-BPE Standards
- ISO9001:2000 and QS-9000:1998
- Animal Derived Ingredient Free*