Hygienic Screen Gaskets
The main objective of using a gasket is to prevent leakage by providing a perfect mating surface between the machine or equipment parts. The screen gaskets are majorly used in processing pipeline systems in various industries such as food and beverages, bio tech, pharmaceutical, and dairy. Those made from the hygienic screen materials are referred to as hygienic screen gaskets. Unlike the wire cloth, this material does not have wire intersections. However, the open area percentages and opening sizes are similar. The hygienic screen gaskets play a vital role in preventing the entry of unwanted particles in the processing pipeline system. This helps prevent the potential damage of the system. At SSP Manufacturing, Inc. we are known for manufacturing good quality hygienic screen gaskets in the USA.
Beneficial Features of Hygienic Screen Gaskets
What makes these gaskets popular in a wide range of applications are the following beneficial features:
- These gaskets are made from electropolished 316L stainless steel material, which makes them strong and durable.
- These gaskets help eliminate the over or under mesh.
- There are no wire intersections in the hygienic screen gaskets.
Hygienic Screen Gaskets in Different Materials
We have the capability to provide you the hygienic screen gaskets in the following materials and properties:
- EPDM: This is the material of choice, when you need a good chemical resistance. Also, if you are looking for a gasket for acetone, water, or ketone applications, then EPDM material is an ideal choice. The EPDM hygienic screen gaskets can be used for temperature range from -30 °F to 300 °F.
- Buna-N: You can choose the Buna-N material for your hygienic screen gaskets if the applications are in the temperature range from -30 °F to 300 °F. This material is animal-derived ingredient-free, and conform to the USP Class IV, EP 3.1.9, and cytotoxicity specifications.
- Metal detectable/X-rayable Detectomers
- Viton®: The hygienic screen gaskets that are made from the Viton® material are highly resistant to chemicals, especially to most acids and alkalis. If you are looking for a gasket for automotive, pharmaceutical, fuel, and chemical applications, then the one made from Viton® material is the perfect choice. The wide temperature range over which these gaskets can work is from -25 °F to 400 °F.
- Silicone: In bio-pharm and pharmaceutical industries, the gaskets made from silicone material are highly preferred for their high purity characteristics. Along with having a great flexibility, this material is known for its vast temperature range from -58 °F to 446 °F. This makes the screen gaskets made from this material ideal for use in autoclaving and sanitizing applications.
- PTFE: The hygienic screen gaskets made from the PTFE material are suitable for use only if you do not require gasket memory and low temperature flexibility. This means that, they can be used in case of less or no temperature variations. The material is known for its high resistance to the process fluids, and a low absorption rate. These gaskets are suitable for use in the temperature range from -450 °F to 550 °F.
- Tuf-Steel®: The hygienic screen gaskets made from the Tuf-Steel® material possess several beneficial features such as excellent heat resistance, purity, resistance to chemicals, prolonged service life performance, etc. When this material is torqued properly, it delivers a leak free performance. Some more benefits of using this material include non-stick, minimum creep and cold flow, zero pigmentation, and extremely low absorption. The material provides a vast operating temperature range from -100 °F to 500 °F. Thus, even in the applications involving large temperature variations, it maintains a good seal integrity. The Tuf-Steel® hygienic screen gaskets are suitable for use in ultra-pure, food and beverage processing, water for injection, and biopharmaceutical applications.
Our reputation is built on our ability to provide performance-oriented seals and gaskets to our customers at competitive prices. We assure 100% quality on all our products. For any queries regarding our hygienic screen gaskets or other sanitary gaskets, please contact us on our toll-free number 888-238-SEAL or mail us your requirements at firstname.lastname@example.org
Quality Assurance Documentation
SSP Manufacturing Inc ships all products with a certificate of conformance.
It is SSP Manufacturing Inc policy to provide the highest quality products, which consistently meet the product specifications developed by SSP Manufacturing Inc and their customers, both internal and external. We are committed to the continuous improvement of our quality system. We will meet and exceed the expectations of our customers.
Gaskets Meet the Most Stringent Standards For Purity:
- U.S. Pharmacopeia Class VI Certification*
- Cytotoxicity Criteria*
- Title 21CFR177.2600 and 177.1550
- Current Good Manufacturing Practices (CGMP)
- ASME-BPE Standards
- ISO9001:2000 and QS-9000:1998
- Animal Derived Ingredient Free*
*Buna does not pass U.S. Pharmacopeia Class VI Certification And Cytotoxicity and is not ADI Free®.