A well-designed pipeline system is a backbone of the food and beverage, as well as pharmaceutical industries. A wide range of products with varying particulate concentrations is processed through these pipeline systems. Sanitation is the highest priority in these industries, so it becomes important to screen and eliminate these particulates while manufacturing sterile products. Being a leading manufacturer of sanitary seals in the US, SSP Manufacturing, Inc. has helped its clients to meet the stringent screening requirements efficiently with its sanitary gaskets. These screen gaskets can be availed in a fluoroelastomer or any USP Class VI elastomer of your choice.
Screen Gasket Offerings of SSP Seals
Currently, we provide the following types of screen gaskets:
Beneficial Features of Screen Gaskets
Screen gaskets provided by SSP Seals are widely used in various industries due to various beneficial features that they offer. The following features have contributed to their easy acceptance across industries.
- A Broad Variety of Designs: The screen gaskets are made available in a variety of designs, as well as materials to ensure the safety of your process. The gaskets help screen particulates of various sizes, which may infiltrate the sterile products. These products are manufactured using compounds, which are developed for the pharmaceutical and food industry.
- Can Withstand Daily Cleaning: Our screen gaskets offer long-term performance because they can easily withstand daily cleaning. It means, they are not easily affected by acid and chlorine cleaners, or caustics – typically used for cleaning gaskets.
- Easy-to-Install Designs: All the sanitary screen gaskets feature easy-to-install designs. This helps ensure easy installation or removal, whenever required. Like all other sanitary gaskets in our selection, the screen gaskets also require minimal maintenance. These easy-to-install designs make the maintenance easy, and quick.
- Customized Designs: We, at SSP Manufacturing, Inc. can design screen gaskets for unique or standard process applications.
Materials We Work With
At SSP Manufacturing Inc., we can provide the screen gaskets in the following materials:
- Polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE): This material is widely considered for building screen gaskets due to its various beneficial properties. PTFE provides excellent sealability, which helps reduce fugitive emissions, as well as minimize the loss of media. PTFE also has a low absorption rate, and possess reduced cold flow and creep characteristics.
- Viton®: The material provides excellent resistance against oil and greases, and can easily withstand high temperatures, too. Viton gaskets are preferred in applications where they may come in contact with a wide range of concentrated acids.
- Tuf-Steel®: The screen gaskets or other sanitary gaskets made from this material are widely preferred for applications where temperatures may vary from the highest to the lowest. The material is valued for its excellent chemical resistance, contraction stability with the lowest thermal expansion, and high sealing stability. The Tuf-Steel gaskets are known to eliminate leaks when torqued to 50 in/lbs.
- Silicone: These screen gaskets are widely used in the food and pharmaceutical industries due to excellent heat resistance offered by them. The material is also known for its compressibility, as well as anti-stick properties.
- Buna-N (Nitrile): Known for its various beneficial properties, Buna-N is preferred for all those applications, where high performance in adverse conditions becomes a necessity. Nitrile strongly resists vegetable oils, mineral oils, as well as various acids. The material also exhibits adequate tensile and compression set, as well as resilience. All these properties make it an ideal choice for gasket construction in applications, where resistance to solvents, oils, and fuels becomes critically important.
To know more about sanitary screen gaskets provided by SSP Seals, please contact us on our toll-free number 888-238-SEAL or mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Quality Assurance Documentation
SSP Manufacturing Inc ships all products with a certificate of conformance.
It is SSP Manufacturing Inc policy to provide the highest quality products, which consistently meet the product specifications developed by SSP Manufacturing Inc and their customers, both internal and external. We are committed to the continuous improvement of our quality system. We will meet and exceed the expectations of our customers.
Gaskets Meet the Most Stringent Standards For Purity:
- U.S. Pharmacopeia Class VI Certification*
- Cytotoxicity Criteria*
- Title 21CFR177.2600 and 177.1550
- Current Good Manufacturing Practices (CGMP)
- ASME-BPE Standards
- ISO9001:2000 and QS-9000:1998
- Animal Derived Ingredient Free*
*Buna does not pass U.S. Pharmacopeia Class VI Certification And Cytotoxicity and is not ADI Free®.